What is the 2nd longest phobia name?
2. Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters) Ironically, Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest work in the dictionary and is the name for a fear of long words!
Noun. hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (uncountable) (humorous) The fear of long words.
Specific phobias such as the fear of long words affect somewhere between 3% and 15% of the population.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a phobia, meaning the fear of long words, ironically, it is a long word itself. The phobia isn't considered an actual phobia, but more of a social phobia. This is the second longest word in the English language. Another word for the phobia is Sesquipedalophobia.
'A to Z' List of Phobias.
|Arachibutyrophobia||fear of peanut butter sticking to roof of mouth|
|Arachnophobia||fear of spiders|
|Astraphobia||fear of being struck by lightning|
|Astrapophobia||fear of thunder and lightning|
Aequeosalinocalcalinoceraceoaluminosocupreovitriolic. This is the longest word in English which is composed of seven words. This 52-letter word was coined by Dr. Edward Strother to describe the spa waters in Bath, England.
hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (uncountable) (chiefly Christianity) Fear of the number 666.
- Optophobia: Fear of opening one's eyes. ...
- Chorophobia: Fear of dancing. ...
- Geliophobia: Fear of laughter. ...
- Heliphobia: Fear of sunlight. ...
- Deipnophobia: Fear of dinner conversations. ...
- Neophobia: Fear of new things. ...
- Syngenesophobia: Fear of relatives. ...
- Ablutophobia: Fear of washing and bathing.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. The American Psychiatric Association doesn't officially recognize this phobia.
Phobias can develop around any object or situation. Some people may experience multiple phobias.
What is the fear of death called?
Thanatophobia is an extreme fear of death or the dying process. You might be scared of your own death or the death of a loved one. Psychotherapy can help most people overcome this disorder. Appointments 866.588.2264.
Bananaphobia: Fear of Bananas is Real.
New Word Suggestion. Extremely well. American slang word. A 30-letter adjective meaning "very good, very fine".
- Febriphobia – Fear of fever.
- Francophobia – Fear of France or French people.
- Frigophobia – Fear of becoming too cold.
|autophobia||fear of being alone|
|bacteriophobia||fear of bacteria|
|barophobia||fear of gravity|
What is cacophobia? Cacophobia is an intense fear of ugliness. The condition is a specific phobia (fear), which is a type of anxiety disorder. People with cacophobia might be afraid of looking ugly themselves, or they might worry about seeing something they consider to be ugly.
According to the English for Students website, j, q, and z occur the least if you analyze the frequency of each letter in the entries of the 11th Concise Oxford Dictionary.
"Post Office" starts with 'P', ends with 'E' and has a million letters in it. Explanation: Sometimes, Logical questions are not so complicated to answer, just logical thinking is necessary to find out the answer.
- ADIEU. Adieu means the same as goodbye. ...
- TARES. Any of various vetch plants, such as Vicia hirsuta (hairy tare) of Eurasia and North Africa.
- SOARE. ...
- DUCAT. ...
- OUIJA. ...
- CAROM. ...
- ERGOT. ...
What is the 2 longest word in English?
- 1 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (forty-five letters): ...
- 2 Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (thirty letters): ...
- 3 Floccinaucinihilipilification (twenty-nine letters): ...
- 4 Antidisestablishmentarianism (twenty-eight letters):
There are a wide variety of objects or situations that someone could develop a phobia about. But phobias can be divided into 2 main categories: specific or simple phobias. complex phobias.
1. methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylalanyl… isoleucine. You'll notice there's an ellipsis here, and that's because this word, in total, is 189,819 letters long, and it's the chemical name for the largest known protein, titin.
The easiest way to practice this word is either by singing or by breaking it up into small parts. You will see, after a bit of practice you will be able to express something 'extraordinarily good' in a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious manner.
Pantophobia refers to a widespread fear of everything. Pantophobia is no longer an official diagnosis. But people do experience extreme anxiety triggered by many different situations and objects.
Causes of PittakionophobiaWhere does It Come From? The actual causes of pittakionophobia almost always lie in the individual's past. Because of some past experience, the individual's subconscious mind has linked the sight or thought of stickers or sticky labels with danger and anxiety.
Thanatophobia is an intense fear of death or the dying process.
Some common examples include: dogs. spiders. snakes. enclosed spaces.
Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of having peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth. Arachibutyrophobia is a rare phobia that involves a fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
Is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu the longest word in the world?
Place with the Longest Single Word in the World
The place with the longest single word is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. At 85 letters, this Māori name for a hill in New Zealand is often truncated to Taumata.
The longest word in the English language, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, won primary school speller Jemimah Elise Sampson, the East Coast Radio's Last Kid Standing title, as seen in the video below published by the East Coast Radio.
15 of the longest words in English.
|Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis||A specific lung disease caused by inhaling quartz dust.||45|