Experiencing the dreaded Microsoft error code 80090016 on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 device? Fret not, as we've got the surefire fixes to get your system back on track. In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the root causes of this error and provide step-by-step solutions to resolve it.
Understanding the Microsoft Error Code 80090016
The error code 80090016 rears its head when the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encounters a malfunction. Microsoft designed TPM to furnish hardware-based security functions, but when it goes awry, certain Windows components may falter. The result? Your micro-controller struggles with system security integrity measurements and key creation and use.
Common Causes of Error Code 80090016
1. System Board Replacement
If you've recently replaced your system board, chances are you're encountering the Outlook error code 80090016 due to mismatched authentication tokens. Our solution? A simple folder rename.
2. Issues with User Account
Using a work or school account with Outlook? Account-related problems might be at the root of your troubles. The fix here involves deleting the affected user account and creating a shiny new one on your Windows 11 PC.
3. Outlook App Malfunctions
Is your Outlook app misbehaving? Uninstall it using top-notch uninstaller software to wipe the slate clean for a reinstallation.
Why Is My TPM Corrupted?
Most often, the TPM error 80090016 pops up due to interference with the PC Health Checkup or malware infections. The PC Health Checkup app alerts you about system compatibility, while malware can sneakily trigger the keyset does not exist Office 365 error.
How to Fix Error Code 80090016
1. Delete the Contents of the Ngc Folder
- Close Outlook.
- Open File Explorer.
- Copy and paste:
- Delete all contents of the displayed folder.
2. Delete Work or School Account
- Press Windows key + I, select Accounts, and choose Access work or school.
- Click Disconnect in front of the affected account.
3. Rename the AAD.BrokerPlugin Folder
- Sign in with another administrator account.
- Press Windows + R, type:
- Copy and backup
- Rename the folder to
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook
- Press Windows key, type Outlook, right-click, and select Uninstall.
- Reinstall Outlook from Microsoft Store or use a dedicated tool like CCleaner for a thorough cleanup.
With these meticulous steps, we ensure that the Microsoft error code 80090016 becomes a thing of the past. Follow our guide diligently, and soon your Outlook will be back to smooth operation. No more hassles, just efficient solutions. Happy computing!