Table of Contents
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
Students can get the CBSE syllabus for classes 10 and 12 on the official website. The CBSE class 10 mathematics syllabus 2023 will help the students to cover all the topics without leaving any topics behind. Mathematics is always considered a difficult subject but if students go through step by step process it will be easier for them to understand the sums. Mathematics is an important subject as it will be a core subject in higher studies. In this article, we have covered CBSE class 10 mathematics syllabus 2023 including topic-wise marks distribution, unit-wise summary, and question paper pattern. Students should always prefer the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2023 to prepare for the exam.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
CBSE class 10 maths syllabus 2023 consists of six units, number system, Algebra, coordinate geometry, geometry, mensuration, and statistics and probability. All the units with weightage for the class 10 board exams are listed below. Students can go through the units and understand the marking scheme for each unit so that they can know which unit they need to focus on.
|6.||Statistics & probability||06|
CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus 2022-23 PDF Download
Maths Class 10 Syllabus 2022-23: Unit wise Summary
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23:UNIT I- NUMBER SYSTEMS
- REAL NUMBERS (18) Periods
- Review of representation of natural numbers, integers, and rational numbers on the number line. Rational numbers as recurring/ terminating decimals. Operations on real numbers.
- Examples of non-recurring/non-terminating decimals. Existence of non-rational numbers (irrational numbers) such as, and their representation on the number line. Explaining that every real number is represented by a unique point on the number line and conversely, viz. every point on the number line represents a unique real number.
- Definition of nth root of a real number.
- Rationalization (with precise meaning) of real numbers of type and (and their combinations) where x and y are natural numbers and a and b are integers.
- Recall of laws of exponents with integral powers. Rational exponents with positive real bases (to be done by particular cases, allowing the learner to arrive at the general laws.)
Total number of periods- 18 periods
Total marks- 10
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 UNIT II: ALGEBRA
- POLYNOMIALS (26) Periods
Definition of a polynomial in one variable, with examples and counterexamples. Coefficients of a polynomial, terms of a polynomial, and zero polynomial. Degree of a polynomial. Constant, linear, quadratic, and cubic polynomials. Monomials, binomials, trinomials. Factors and multiples. Zeros of a polynomial. Motivate and State the Remainder Theorem with examples. Statement and proof of the Factor Theorem. Factorization of ax2+ bx + c, a ≠ 0 where a, b and c are real numbers, and of cubic polynomials using the Factor Theorem.
Recall algebraic expressions and identities. Verification of identities:
and their use in the factorization of polynomials.
- LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES (16) Periods
Recall linear equations in one variable. Introduction to the equation in two variables. Focus on linear equations of the type ax + by + c=0.Explain that a linear equation in two variables has infinitely many solutions and justify their being written as ordered pairs of real numbers, plotting them and showing that they lie on a line.
Total number of periods- 42
Total marks- 20
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY
The Cartesian plane, coordinates of a point, names and terms associated with the coordinate plane, notations.
Total number of periods- 7
Total marks- 04
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
- INTRODUCTION TO EUCLID’S GEOMETRY (7) Periods
History – Geometry in India and Euclid’s geometry. Euclid’s method of formalizing observed phenomena into rigorous mathematics with definitions, common/obvious notions, axioms/postulates, and theorems. The five postulates of Euclid. Showing the relationship between axiom and theorem, for example:
(Axiom) 1. Given two distinct points, there exists one and only one line through them.
(Theorem) 2. (Prove) Two distinct lines cannot have more than one point in common.
- LINES AND ANGLES (15) Periods
- (Motivate) If a ray stands on a line, then the sum of the two adjacent angles so formed is 180O and the converse.
- (Prove) If two lines intersect, vertically opposite angles are equal.
- (Motivate) Lines that are parallel to a given line are parallel.
- TRIANGLES (22) Periods
- (Motivate) Two triangles are congruent if any two sides and the included angle of one triangle is equal to any two sides and the included angle of the other triangle (SAS Congruence).
- (Prove) Two triangles are congruent if any two angles and the included side of one triangle is equal to any two angles and the included side of the other triangle (ASA Congruence).
- (Motivate) Two triangles are congruent if the three sides of one triangle are equal to three sides of the other triangle (SSS Congruence).
- (Motivate) Two right triangles are congruent if the hypotenuse and a side of one triangle are equal (respectively) to the hypotenuse and a side of the other triangle. (RHS Congruence)
- (Prove) The angles opposite to equal sides of a triangle are equal.
- (Motivate) The sides opposite to equal angles of a triangle are equal.
- QUADRILATERALS (13) Periods
- (Prove) The diagonal divides a parallelogram into two congruent triangles.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram opposite sides are equal, and conversely.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram opposite angles are equal, and conversely.
- (Motivate) A quadrilateral is a parallelogram if a pair of its opposite sides are parallel and equal.
- (Motivate) In a parallelogram, the diagonals bisect each other and conversely.
- (Motivate) In a triangle, the line segment joining the midpoints of any two sides is parallel to the third side, and in half of it, and (motivate) its converse.
- CIRCLES (17) Periods
- (Prove) Equal chords of a circle subtend equal angles at the center and (motivate) its converse.
- (Motivate) The perpendicular from the center of a circle to a chord bisects the chord and conversely, the line is drawn through the center of a circle to bisect a chord is perpendicular to the chord.
- (Motivate) Equal chords of a circle (or of congruent circles) are equidistant from the center (or their respective centers) and conversely.
- (Prove) The angle subtended by an arc at the center is double the angle subtended by it at any point on the remaining part of the circle.
- (Motivate) Angles in the same segment of a circle are equal.
- (Motivate) If a line segment joining two points subtends an equal angle at two other points lying on the same side of the line containing the segment, the four points lie on a circle.
- (Motivate) The sum of either of the pair of the opposite angles of a cyclic quadrilateral is 180° and its converse.
Total numbers of periods- 74
Total Marks- 27
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 UNIT V: MENSURATION
- AREAS (5) Periods
Area of a triangle using Heron’s formula (without proof)
- SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES (17) Periods
Surface areas and volumes of spheres (including hemispheres) and right circular cones.
Total number of periods- 22
Total marks- 13
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 UNIT VI: STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
- STATISTICS (15) Periods
Bar graphs, histograms (with varying base lengths), and frequency polygons.
Total number of periods- 15
Total marks- 06
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23 Reference Books
- Mathematics – Textbook for Class IX – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics – Textbook for Class X – NCERT Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class IX – CBSE Publication
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, class X – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, secondary stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class IX, NCERT publication.
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class X, NCERT publication
CBSE Class 10 Maths syllabus 2022-23: Question Paper Design
Question paper design includes the types of questions expected, total marks of each section, and weightage in percentage. This year two types of question paper designs are provided by CBSE for the students, one is basic and the other is standard. Check out both the question paper design below to get a detailed view of the CBSE class 10 mathematics syllabus 2023.
- Standard question paper design
|S. No.||Typology of Questions||Total|
- Basic question paper design
|S. No.||Typology of Questions||Total|
- Standard Internal Question paper design
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5+5)||10 Marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||05 Marks|
- Basic Internal Question paper design
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5+5)||10 Marks|
|Lab Practical (Lab activities to be done from the prescribed books)||05 Marks|
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23: FAQs
- What is the syllabus of maths for CBSE class 10?
Ans. To know the syllabus of CBSE class 10th mathematics syllabus 2022-2023 go to the official website. For the year 2023, the syllabus of maths for class 10th includes a number system, algebra, geometry, coordinate geometry, mensuration, and statistics and probability.
- How to prepare for mathematics in the class 10 board exam?
Ans. Mathematics as a subject requires a lot of hard work, attention, and practice. To score higher in this subject students have to practice all the sums regularly. The student should be familiar with the CBSE class 10 syllabus 2023 and should study according to the syllabus to score good marks in the board exams.
- Is mathematics a good scoring subject in class 10?
Ans. Yes, mathematics is a good scoring subject in class 10th the most weightage is given to geometry which is of 27 marks. Geometry relatively is an easier topic compared to the other units of mathematics. Students can prepare well by following the CBSE class 10th mathematics syllabus 2023.
- What is the scope of maths in class 10?
Ans. If the student practices well according to the CBSE syllabus for class 10th 2023 then the scope of scoring good marks in maths is high. The student should practice and memorize all the formulas and clear their concepts in the subject of maths to score good marks. The CBSE class 10th mathematics syllabus 2023 includes units like number system, algebra, co-ordinate geometry, geometry, mensuration, and statistics and probability
|Unit 2||Algebra||20 Marks|
|2.||Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables||3 Marks|
|3.||Quadratic Equations||9 Marks|
- Arihant's All in One Mathematics.
- R D Sharma's Mathematics Class 10.
- RS Aggarwal's Class 10 Secondary School Maths.
In mathematics, “motivate” means to describe the ideas which helped you to arrive at a solution.Which is the toughest chapter in maths 10? ›
A chapter that most of the students find difficult in maths is trigonometry.Which is the hardest subject in class 10? ›
CBSE Class 10 science paper analysis: Students find Chemistry easiest, Physics toughest | Board Exams.Which is the most easy chapter in Maths class 10 CBSE? ›
CBSE Class 10 Math polynomial chapters involve the concepts like finding the degree of a polynomial, zeros of the polynomial, which are some of the easiest chapters in the syllabus. This chapter covers topics on solving the linear equation using different methods like elimination and substitution.Which is the most scoring subject in class 10 CBSE? ›
If talk about the top scoring subjects in CBSE Class 10, then Maths is at the top position followed by Science and then English. In these three subjects, students can gain full marks even in subjective type papers.Which percentage is best for CBSE Class 10? ›
Students often ask how much percentage is good in class 10. The answer is 90% or above if you want to have good options to choose a stream of your choice.How can I improve my math thinking? ›
- Wrap your head around the concepts. ...
- Try game-based learning. ...
- Bring math into daily life. ...
- Implement daily practice. ...
- Sketch word problems. ...
- Set realistic goals. ...
- Engage with a math tutor. ...
- Focus on one concept at a time.
- Improvise: It is essential to understand the basic concepts clearly. ...
- Game-play: You can convert the maths lesson into a game to keep the interest alive and build upon it with every class. ...
- Make math a part of everyday life: Remember how you tell stories that help your child sleep or eat their meals?
- Separatrix Separation. A pendulum in motion can either swing from side to side or turn in a continuous circle. ...
- Navier–Stokes. ...
- Exponents and dimensions. ...
- Impossibility theorems. ...
- Spin glass.
Algebra, Geometry, Calculus and Statistics & Probability are considered to be the 4 main branches of Mathematics. What is the hardest branch of Maths? Algebra is the hardest branch of Maths. Abstract algebra particularly is the most difficult portion as it includes complex and infinite spaces.What is the hardest math answer in the world? ›
x3+y3+z3=k, with k being all the numbers from one to 100, is a Diophantine equation that's sometimes known as "summing of three cubes."Which is the easiest subject in Class 10 CBSE? ›
English is one of the easiest subjects to learn & score high marks. This will also improve your overall percentage in the final result. Also, refer to the syllabus of the CBSE class 10 English. Below are some points that will help students on how to prepare for class 10 board exam CBSE 2023.What is the easiest subject in Grade 10? ›
What Are The Easiest Subjects In Matric? The easiest subjects in Matric are the ones that usually do not have any calculations. These are subjects such as Languages and Life Orientation. Students enjoy these subjects because they do not have numbers.Which is the most difficult class in school in India? ›
Maths is infamous for being difficult.Which is the easiest board in India for Class 10? ›
CBSE Board: Overview
If you want to find out which is the easiest board in India, you can consider CBSE as the board follows only the NCERT curriculum. After Class 10, CBSE provides students with a range of subjects in the areas of Science, Commerce, and Humanities along with English and supplementary languages.
|I||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behavior||25|
|II||World of Living||25|
|IV||Effect of Current||13|
The toughest chapter in Class 10 Science is Heredity and Evolution. However, it also contains more weightage of marks. It is common to feel anxious looking at a more difficult chapter like this one, although the students should remain calm and collected to secure higher marks.How much do you need to score in each subject to get 95% in 10th? ›
You have to score more than 90 in all subject or if you are between 80-90 in any one or two subject then try to score 95-99 in remaining subjects. You can calculate your marks. If you have 5 subjects then you have to score 450 for 6 subject 540 and so on. So add your marks and try to touch the feat.
The CBSE board has a best of five rule in which your main percentage is decided by one language subject I.e. English and other 4 subjects in which you get high scores . And the remaining subjects becomes additional whose marks won't be added to your main percentage.Which class is toughest? ›
Engineering is considered one of the most difficult courses in the world as it involves more math and physics than most students want to take on. The course curriculum includes problem-solving using tactical and analytical skills and critical thinking.Who got highest percentage in 10th board exam? ›
CBSE Class 10 Toppers List 2020.
|Topper's name||Percentage||Marks secured|
Mental Arithmetic is undoubtedly the most important mathematical skill for everyday life as it is the process of doing calculations in your head, without any form of help from external tools such as paper and pencil, calculator, etc.How do I stop struggling with math? ›
- Get help. Seriously, no joke: get help. ...
- Always ensure you understand the basics. Math isn't just about formulas and functions -- there are plenty of terms that are very important to comprehend. ...
- Don't just study -- drill. ...
- Be gentle with yourself!
Dyscalculia is a learning disorder that affects a person's ability to do math. Much like dyslexia disrupts areas of the brain related to reading, dyscalculia affects brain areas that handle math- and number-related skills and understanding.Does IQ increase by doing math? ›
Doing math will help because it develops their ability to notice relationships between numbers. A strong co-relation has also been found between a child's relational skills and IQ scores.What do kids struggle with the most in math? ›
Mistakes such as number additions, substitutions, transpositions, omissions, and reversals in writing, reading, and recalling numbers. Difficulty with abstract concepts of time and direction.Why is math so hard for my child? ›
Lots of kids struggle with math. But if your child's math troubles are serious and don't seem to get better, they may be a sign of something called dyscalculia. Dyscalculia is a learning disability that makes it hard for kids to understand, learn and do math. Boys and girls are equally likely to have dyscalculia.Why am I not interested in math? ›
Some students dislike math because they think it's dull. They don't get excited about numbers and formulas the way they get excited about history, science, languages, or other subjects that are easier to personally connect to. They see math as abstract and irrelevant figures that are difficult to understand.
Parental influences, teacher affective support and classroom instruction are presumed to be directly related to students' attitude towards mathematics.Which chapter in maths has highest weightage? ›
- Three Dimensional Geometry.
- Vector Algebra.
- Conic Sections.
- Straight Lines.
- Sets, Relations and Functions.
- Matrices And Determinants.
CBSE Class 10 Math polynomial chapters involve the concepts like finding the degree of a polynomial, zeros of the polynomial, which are some of the easiest chapters in the syllabus.Which is the most important chapters of Class 10? ›
|2||World of Living||23|
|4||Effects of Current||13|
The toughest chapter in Class 10 Science is Heredity and Evolution. However, it also contains more weightage of marks. It is common to feel anxious looking at a more difficult chapter like this one, although the students should remain calm and collected to secure higher marks.What is the toughest math chapter? ›
Circle, Parabola and Permutation and Combination are tough chapters of Class 11 Maths. Sequence and Series is another tough topic that needs more attention and preparation. Additionally, you must also study Coordinate Geometry and Integral Calculus for JEE Mains 2022.Which is the toughest in maths? ›
Today's mathematicians would probably agree that the Riemann Hypothesis is the most significant open problem in all of math. It's one of the seven Millennium Prize Problems, with $1 million reward for its solution.Which math subject is the easiest? ›
Which math classes are the easiest? According to a large group of high-schoolers, the easiest math class is Algebra 1. That is the reason why most of the students in their freshman year end up taking Algebra 1. Following Algebra 1, Geometry is the second easiest math course in high school.Which subject is easiest in class 10 CBSE? ›
English is one of the easiest subjects to learn & score high marks. This will also improve your overall percentage in the final result. Also, refer to the syllabus of the CBSE class 10 English. Below are some points that will help students on how to prepare for class 10 board exam CBSE 2023.What are the easiest subjects in Grade 10? ›
What Are The Easiest Subjects In Matric? The easiest subjects in Matric are the ones that usually do not have any calculations. These are subjects such as Languages and Life Orientation. Students enjoy these subjects because they do not have numbers.
Maths Preparation Tips: Although Maths is considered to be one of the highest scoring subjects in class 10 and there are about 60% of the students who don't like the subject much. Mathematics can play the role of a nightmare to some students and fun for others.Which chapter is most important for class 10 science 2023? ›
|Heredity and Evolution||Monohybrid and Dihybrid Cross Homologous and Analogous Organs Fossils|
|Light- Reflection and Refraction||Reflection and Refraction of Light Mirror Formula and Lens Formula|
- Organic Compounds.
- Quantum Numbers.
- Atomic Mass of Elements.
- Periodic Properties of Elements.
- 118 Elements and Their Symbols.
- Balancing Chemical Equations.
- Salt Analysis.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) are often considered the toughest boards in India.What is the hardest science class in the world? ›
Chemistry is famous for being one of the hardest subjects ever, so it's no surprise that a Chemistry degree is fiercely challenging. Just one topic in Chemistry (for example, organic chemistry) is incredibly complex.Which is the easiest science chapters in class 10? ›
The simplest science chapter in class 10 is chemical reactions.